View Single Post
Brian,

I would like to thank you for the time you spent answering my mostly rhetorical post (and others' more succinct posts)...

And, thanks for the other explanations...

Please note that my comments were not meant to be very critical, nor were they necessarily aimed at you or anyone else at TOG (about being defensive, etc.). I did run into some difficulty back in December. Your posts in this thread have been terrific. I apologize if my (likely imprecise) comments earlier seemed to have been directed specifically to you.

I know all too well how difficult it is to develop software. I know it sucks when you find all sorts of system-related bugs, especially ones you can't work around. And, like you said, working around them often requires revisiting the workaround later on, which is fun for no one. The difficulty is compounded by resource issues, as it usually is... ;-) Hope you find that cloning machine...

I know that it didn't help anyone that Leopard was in such a state of flux right up until it was released. I have seen that fact mentioned by many developers. At least once Apple gets Leopard "debugged" a bit more, it will be a vast improvement over all other previous OS X releases.

Good luck with OF 2.0. I look forward to it.

-Dave

Last edited by D-Mac; 2008-05-14 at 02:09 PM..