View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielandrews View Post
That's right - sorry that I didn't make that more clear. I was just wondering if setting OmniFocus to sync to a different directory, one like /Backup or /Library, would solve the issue if your local iDisk having do download changes every few minutes.
Storing your sync database on an unsynchronized portion of your iDisk is a very good idea, if such a place can be found.

Quote:
If you try to manually sync to /Backup or /Library inside the iDisk, you get an error, so I was wondering if there was a known way to get around that.
I don't see any writable locations in Library, but I found that I was able to sync into the top level of the Backup folder of my iDisk. That feels like a somewhat misleading place to store our synchronization data by default (I wouldn't want someone thinking they didn't need their "backup"), but I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to choose that location yourself.

Meanwhile, I'll ask Apple if there's another unsynchronized location that we can safely store OmniFocus data in. Thanks for the idea!