View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerings View Post
Thanks for your reply. I don't believe the action in question ("Foreign policy puzzles assignment") fits into either of your criteria because, as you can see, it is currently the only action under its project and it has no start time. The due date is Nov. 6 at 11am (the date/time when it wasn't marked "Due soon" and should have been—before I refreshed it by switching the Due soon setting back and forth—was Nov. 5 at 8:15am).
No, this doesn't seem to be the case I mentioned. But as I said, if you're going to rely on the Due Soon styling, it is good to be aware of cases where it may not do what you expect.

Quote:
Since I refreshed the Due soon settings, I can't properly test your Due soon perspective question (they are now marked due soon everywhere). Even if that did get unmarked actions to be marked due soon, though, obviously having to constantly change perspectives to check for actions due soon wouldn't solve the problem.
I'm not proposing that you switch back and forth between perspectives, though that is exactly how I work (for other reasons). I do a daily review in the morning, checking the Due perspective to be aware of what items are due in the coming day or two so that I can try to make sure they are allotted sufficient time for completion. It is my belief (which you can test next time you get OF to misbehave as you report) that the Due perspective will show you those items which were not being styled appropriately. It is still inconvenient if they are not styled appropriately at the earliest time that they should be, but at least you wouldn't be completely unaware of an impending deadline. Suspenders and a belt, if you will :-)