View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus26 View Post
I think you're right about the push being only one way. I don't know if what I want is actually possible. Maybe someone from Omni can chime in.
Unfortunately, what you're asking for isn't possible in the current iPhone SDK. Push notifications are one-way, and they don't talk to the application itself (unless it's running): they talk to the notification service, and can only send it information for the notification itself (a text message to display to the user, an badge count update, and/or the name of a sound to play).

Quote:
The main reason that I don't start a sync like that is because it takes so long that my phone goes to sleep. Also, if I put it in my pocket while it's syncing, I'll brush against it and hit a button.
As long as you don't exit OmniFocus, it can sync in the background while your screen is asleep. (Sometimes I'll launch OmniFocus and start a sync, then turn the screen back off while it does its thing. With the screen off, I don't have to worry about accidental touches changing my database.)