View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean
Instead of only setting one context for an item, how about tagging contexts. That way I could have a task that has the context of:
work, calls, vendorA, projectA

When looking at the task list, I could filter by work, or calls, or vendorA, or (calls & vendorA) or (vendorA & projectA)
I second (or whatever number we’re on) this motion.

In fact, I was going to start a separate thread for a related request, but SpiralOcean’s post is a good launching point instead.

In addition to multiple contexts per task, I’d really like to be able to define which contexts (PLURAL!) I’m in right now. And then I want those settings to stick until I declare otherwise.

I think this is fairly basic GTD. When I scan through my next-actions list, I want to see all and only those tasks that I can do right now. But realistically, I will often be in more than one context at a time. When I’m in my office, I’m in my Computer, Office, and Phone Call contexts all at the same time. On the flip side, I don’t want to see contexts that don’t apply right now. One of my peeves with KGTD is that it doesn’t remember when I collapse a context. And really, I simply don’t want to see my Home context at all when I’m in my Office context.

There are some subtleties to deal with if OmniFocus had both multiple contexts per tasks and multiple contexts active. I’ll save that for another post, perhaps.