View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMiller View Post
Oh guys,

now this one really is a mess in the current osx omnifocus version. Why use start dates when there is no way to really see them in a "preview/calender" mode, or at list in a list clearly ordered by start dates.
I'm confused by this question. I use start dates to get tasks that I'm not going to do in the next week or two, off of my list. (Edited to add: Essentially, these are the "someday" of someday/maybe.) I also use them in the official way, for tasks that I realistically can't start, even if I have nothing else to do, until a certain date. (Can't do my taxes until I get my W-2, for example.)

Neither of these uses, for me, would benefit from a list sorted by start date, and i only need to see the start dates when I'm setting them, usually in my weekly review, occasionally when I sit down and say, "Yeah, very funny, that's not happening this month," and I make a few more tasks disappear.

So I'm not saying that you're wrong to want to see them, but I don't "get" it. Would you mind explaining?