View Single Post
The point of the review is to make sure that things don't slip through the cracks. So. Yes. Your review is supposed to be bulletproof.

FWIW, I do my reviews asynchronously on an active project folder basis. Personal and Household project folders get reviewed on Friday. Work folders get reviewed on Monday. I put "warm" someday/maybe projects into one of the root project folders. By "warm" I mean that I want to fit the projects in over the next month or so, and they are fully fleshed out. So. I want to see these projects during each weekly review cycle.

Colder someday/maybe (more than 2 months out) projects have their own folder. This is where I go to flesh out incubating projects as I have the time. Projects in this folder get a minimum 1 month review cycle. If I have doubts about that 1 month review cycle, I need to turn the heat up on the project, flesh it out some more, and maybe move it into an active project folder.

I've moved my colder someday/maybe projects to OmniOutliner. I have a single-action task to review the OO document that contains these projects once a quarter. Most of the projects here exist as a single entry with some notes. I have added a date column to track last reviewed dates, but may revamp if the links between OO and OF ever improve. I am considering creating another OO document with projects that really go on the back burner - those with an annual review cycle.