View Single Post
Hello guys!

Before I mail this to the support Ninjas, I'd like to hear your opinion in this matter.

The thing is that I - after two years of use - still struggle with the user interface in OF. It doesn't behave much as anything else in Mac OS X and it drives me nuts. This is also very strange because Omni tend to create extremely user friendly applications, and also very "Mac:y" applications.

I am talking about how you navigate and create new things in the standard list view. This is due to the thinking that everything you see in OF is part of the same text body, or so I heard.
Well, I think this is wrong, and not very user friendly.

Some examples:
- If you are in an Action and press the up arrow you go to the Action before. This is very stupid, in all other Macintosh applications you go to the beginning of the field when you press up arrow.
*None of the arrow keys behave as in normal Mac applications.*
My solution:
If you are IN the text field, let the arrow's behave as in a normal field. If the Action is marked, but you are NOT IN the field, use the arrows to move.
Also, let different combinations of COM and ALT move the action up and down in the list.

- To show the note of an Action, you use the shortcut "COM+'". To me it's more logical to use the right and left arrow, that should display/hide the note. As in the Finder List view for example.
Of course this would apply only when you are'nt IN the field.

Maybe I am the only one that think this is a huge minus to OF...?

Tia,
/andreas