View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kidsat147 View Post
I close it down by the red x and I'm running the latest version (or at least I assume so as I've only had it for about 3 days)
What red x is that? The only red x I see is the toolbar button which stops loading the current page. Do you mean the red dot at the upper left of the window?

If you click the red dot, you are not closing the application, you are closing the window, just as if you had used the Window->Close Window menu command. OmniWeb remembers that you threw away that window and updates the workspace accordingly. If you instead quit OmniWeb (via cmd-Q or OmniWeb->Quit OmniWeb), your workspace state will be retained for next time. This gets back to my earlier comment about wanting OmniWeb to read your mind: how is the program to discern that you closed that window (with the click on the red dot) because you just didn't want it cluttering up your screen, and not that you closed that window because you don't ever want it again?

As for the version, standard Mac practice is there is an "About <XYZ>" command as the first item in the <XYZ> menu which will report the exact version you are running. While no updates have come out in the last few days, there is still the question of whether you are running the "production" version or the "sneaky peek" version, both of which are available to you, though I would expect you probably have the "production" version. It sounds like the problem is simply with how you are using the program, however, not that it is working other than as designed.