View Single Post
Whoa! Thanks! I had no idea you could do that level of customization (and that people were already doing it). I will have to give this a try. (Though I agree it's a feature it should be added, and I don't think it's particularly baroque - it seems kind of obvious that if you're trying to get a list of available actions, you don't want to look at projects that contain no available actions.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You can do this with Rob Trew's Where in OF script. Such a search might be:

Code:
projects where number of available tasks > 0
but you could also make it more specific (such as only projects with more than 3 available tasks but fewer than 7 completed tasks where the project was created in the last month and has the string "dissertation" in the name and the string "I should do this" in the note located in the "Someday/Maybe" folder, for a contrived example). As a result of the search, you get a new window which only has the matching projects shown in the sidebar and thus in the window itself.

A listing of the properties with which you can describe your desired projects is shown here:

I really like this script, and use it frequently. A number of particularly baroque features have been added at my suggestion, but I can't take the credit for all of them :-)

If you need help installing the script, see the FAQ.