View Single Post
My big problem is making projects that by definition never end. For example, I have:
  • Website
  • Keep in touch with friends
  • Church powerpoints

Now, in Website, my only current action is to talk to my colleague about whether we want a dynamic or static site. New actions will get added as we define the scope of things. But a website is a never-ending project... it will be ongoing as long as the company is, since there will always need to be additions and updates. The only time I'll not have it in my list is if we employ a webmaster.

Church powerpoints is another one. I make a new one of these each week. Sometimes there are extra tasks associated with one, but usually it is just "Make powerpoint for Sunday 3rd" or whatever. So I keep one project for them, since making a whole project for something with one action is a bit silly... but during much of the week the project sits there empty.

This is somewhat annoying since my projects list is full of things that aren't really relevant at the moment. But I don't tend to easily divide the things I do into "This is designed to move ___ towards a success criterion"... anyone any suggestions?

Amorya