View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEP View Post
"Available" is the more relevant category. If you subscribe to David Allen's form of GTD, then "Available" actions in OmniFocus are "next actions" in GTD. And OmniFocus's "Next" actions are actually a very limited subset of what GTD's next actions are. I have also mentioned this a couple times on the forums, but no one seems to care. I just got over it personally. I'm not so pedantic that I can't just use "Available" when I want "Next". Personally, I intend to turn off "next action" highlighting when styles are more fully implemented -- it's only distracting and not really informative (and before someone points it out, Yes, I know I once thought the distinction was really important, but I've since identified that as a bad habit. GTD is a process).
Thank you for your reply, MEP, and please excuse my late response. Of course, I was very happy that someone looks at the world (or at GTD, at least) the way I do.

I have finally found a way to turn off "next action" highlighting. Getting rid of the italics is easy. The purple was harder, but I have noticed that colors work different in OF than elsewhere. You have to drag the color onto the text instead of trying to apply it as an attribute. The only highlighter that stays with me is the little dot to the left of the checkbox (the "handle"?).

Last edited by janT; 2007-09-09 at 09:56 AM..