View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
Yes, what's wrong with keeping OF open and minimized? In order for OF to do what you want, it has to have something running in the background anyway whether the program is running or not. So, for me the decision to whether provide the background service comes down to its footprint. As far as I can tell OF has a small footprint; so, why not let OF start when you log in and let it minimize. That seems to be more efficient than having a background service running + OF at the same time when you are using OF.
The issue here for me often is that with OF's annoying habit of opening additional windows (when I don't want it to!), sometimes I can have 4 or 5 windows on top of each other and I don't know that another perspective I'd like to see is buried. So I close window after window after window... at which point the last one closes and the app keeps running, but the dock notification goes away.

The windowing behaviors of OF are not endearing to me... I really hate the way it handles multiple windows and the dock status icon.