View Single Post
Yeah, I've already sent a message to Omni (just getting that out of the way, I'm only here to share my pain :)

Cover flow for browsing stencils and graphs bites. It is not only bad for workflow, it is slow, clunky, and basically unusable. I say this as a career UI designer (18 years running).

I've got a couple of stencil sets that crash when I try to scroll past them. I don't want to edit them, they were downloaded from Graffletopia (thanks for the feature in the latest version omni!). I want to edit one further down the 'list' but unfortunately every time I scroll past the crashing one, well, OG crashes!

I've tried sorting by date, rebooting my iPad, nothing works. I can't even delete the stencil in question cause OG can't handle viewing it. It works fine in my flow diagrams, just crashes the stencil browser. I suppose I should be grateful that it's not the first stencil in the list!.

I don't mind glitzy UI presentation but ONLY when it augments, rather than replaces, cleaner and more functional UI. If Omni had simply provided a nice list of stencils (and graffles) then problems like this would not even occur.

Despite this UI foible I do love OG. I use it every day and it has basically changed the way I work. It pains me to see something so basically wrong though. Had Omni provided list views then the 'problem' of organising files on the iPad would be much easier to solve.