Thread: Tickler?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddejonghe View Post
I created a view for that, however it only shows 'due today', due tomorrow, due next week....

Is it possible to create a view with all the days there are actions defined for that day. That would be great. And If I would be able to see the number of actions for that day, that would be marvalous...
So you want to see groups for today, tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, etc. instead of today, tomorrow, within the next week, within the next month, etc.? I'm not aware of any way to do that with the current version, but it would be possible to create an Applescript that could produce such a listing in a file. I find that simply sorting by date is sufficient, though I rarely look ahead more than a day or two in my tickler perspective.

Also, looking ahead can give you a misleading picture if you have lots of repeating actions/projects in that time frame, as the view of the future won't show those actions/projects which are yet to be duplicated by completing the current action/project. If you've got a big task set to repeat every Monday, and you are looking at next Monday's schedule, you won't see that task there if you haven't completed this Monday's instance of that task. Something that repeated every day would show up only once in a week in that future view! OmniFocus doesn't work like iCal does, populating the repeating events in the calendar out as far as the eye can see.

If you want to make a suggestion/request for a change to OmniFocus, your best bet is to use Help->Send Feedback or email omnifocus@omnigroup.com to get your request into the development database. There's no guarantee that Ken (or any other Omni staffer) even saw your response to his suggestion, much less entered a vote in the database for your request!