View Single Post
How exactly is Wunderlist's inbox superior for quick entry? I just installed it on my iPad, and just dumping a new thought into the Inbox appears to take an equivalent number of taps. For OmniFocus, tap the quick entry button, the text, and the save button. For Wunderlist, tap the Add a new task button, the text, and the done button. A tie, so far.

If I'm doing any processing of the new action as I enter it (setting context, project, dates, etc.) I can do that directly in OmniFocus without having to re-open the new item, unlike Wunderlist which makes me go to the bottom of the Inbox list (including having to scroll if I have more than 13 or 14 items already present) and tap the new action again. Once I am editing the other fields of the action, if I have more than a few projects/lists, the Wunderlist UI just gives me an unsorted list instead of OmniFocus' smart matching, which would be no picnic with more than a handful of projects (I currently have nearly 700 projects).

Now, I'm an experienced OmniFocus user, and I've only used Wunderlist for 10 minutes (during which it has crashed 3 times!), so I'm willing to consider the possibility that I'm not using it in the most efficient manner possible, but at least for the quick input of action names, both seem to be at pretty much the practical optimum: a tap to signal a new action is being created, the text, and a tap to save. Is it possible that you feel Wunderlist is better because you aren't using OmniFocus in the most efficient manner?

After a quick trial of gTasks, the same question applies.

For just doing a brain dump (getting the task names down, no processing), it seems to be a tie. For processing with a non-trivial amount of data, OmniFocus is better, but you need to take advantage of the tools that make it better.