View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I've been able to do some of the stuff I couldn't do before. The one exception is 'named styles' - this for me still won't work and I always get font size 20 regardless of the setting in the named style - all other attributes seem to work though. I'm suprised I'm the only one experiencing this - must be me.

For images, I agree that suggesting it works this way and this is acceptable, because apple's mail app works the same way is completely wrong. Surely it should work 'right' and how we need to use images, not in some inconvenient, awkward manner? The screenshot above with the 'thumbnails' style view is PERFECT. This is what I'd like to achieve and it's actually quite deceiving to show a screenshot like this since it does give the impression that the app works that way.

Regarding OmniGraffle - I'm primarily after using a tool for drawing up wireframes for applications - anyone used it for this on the iPad? If so, what do you think? Is it better than iMockups (which I'm using currently)?

Regards,

Jamie.
I am a user interface designer and I use iMockups and OmniGraffle both for iPad and both for wireframes. I tend to move to Illustrator nearer to the end game when I need more granularity. OmniGraffle has really changed the speed at which I work and can deliver something that is more than a sketch in a notebook. I can't stand carrying around a laptop and OG for the iPad is just what the dr. ordered.

As to styles, make sure that you are selecting the line you want to apply the style to. You can apply styles to individual words (or characters) on a line. In order to apply a style to the whole line you have to select either all of the text OR the line itself. I usually click in the right or left margins of the page to select lines. Sometimes just a simple tap will do.

Your issue sounds very odd. What happens if you try zooming the page?