View Single Post
Add me to the list of people that hope that Omni is reading these posts, and looking at ways of making OF more flexible; the fact is that most people who need a task management solution are by definition "knowledge workers", that is, we don't crank out widgets, and is today's world iphones and macbooks and ipads (yes, I am being Apple-centric, because Omni is), many people can do most things in most any place. Accordingly, as opposed to 2001, contexts are, although not irrelevant, far less important. Yes, I can only mow the lawn when I am home, but I can email from just about anywhere on the planet.

I agree with much of the above, and frankly am hanging on at the moment to see OF 2, and even now I am getting dangerously close to jumping the OF ship. I know Omni does not, for this very reason, pre-announce products, but OF has been little more than tweaked for an awfully long time. I understand that it is not Omni's flagship product, and that the intervening iPhone and iPad took some significant development cycles, but I am still getting a little frustrated by the length of dormancy. Right now, I would have left OF if not 3 HUGE things: easy ubiquitous capture, review, and the fact I have been committed to it since 2007. Those are for the moment enough to keep me, but I don't think for much longer.

Here's hoping that there is something on the not too distant horizon.