View Single Post
When delegating work, as I understand it from some other threads, the OmniFocus way is to create a task to represent task delegation, give it a start date in the future, and put it in a project/context dedicated to these kinds of tasks (Agenda, @WaitingFor, whatever.).

At my job I frequently manage half a dozen or more tasks that bounce back and forth between me and others like a hot potato (usually involving reviews of my work or other approvals for particular actions I'd like to take). If I don't have a small-number-of-clicks way to represent the toggling of these "hot potato" tasks between me and the delegate I'm finding I just don't bother. This seems bad, as I'd like to trust OmniFocus to remind me about delegated task X at some point in the future.

These approvals might take 5 minutes to get back to me, or they might take 5 days (sometimes a month!). I often don't know how long it'll be before I hear back.

What I find myself wanting is a quick way to:

- mark the current task as done (e.g. "polish document to Stan's liking, send it back to him for review *again*.")
- add a task to remind me to prod Stan in one day if he hasn't gotten back to me

Problem is, I am in context view when I want to check off my task, and there is no bone-simple way to add another task to the same project as the currently selected task -- true?