View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoad View Post
Surely it is just an obvious nonsense to have a list called “Due today“ which may in fact be made up of a long list of tasks none of which are due today, and may be due over several dates perhaps well into the future. There’s no way this isn’t going to be mega-confusing.
Yeah, I really want to change those headers to read "Projects with actions due today" (or whatever the heading should be). Right now, the interface doesn't make it clear what that grouping really represents, which does confuse folks.

Quote:
But when you’re thinking about the Project you naturally go back to the Planning mode, and there are times when you do indeed want to break it into chunks, see how it pans out over time, list things clearly by different dates, etc, not just see it in an undifferentiated list (except for the date column, of course). Hence the confusion I’ve been griping about.
I don't know how we'll ultimately deal with this - but yeah, we're aware that the current setup doesn't work for some folks. This is definitely on our radar screen.

Quote:
Actually I do know what some will say is the answer: get OmniPlan, if you’re so worried about this kind of detail. I don’t think so, however. Apart from the question of overkill, this same confusion is going to persist as things stand at the moment in OF.
I don't think the solution is to get OmniPlan - for one person, it really is overkill. We're definitely committed to making OmniFocus work for as many folks as we can; once we get the iPhone application done - or invent a developer-cloning process - we can start in on version 2 and re-examine stuff like this.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-05-13 at 02:02 PM..