View Single Post
Hi Al,

Thanks very much for your reply- and all my respect for doing the vet thing (I like the "We Treat More Species" T-shirts).

So indeed for Anat and Histo we get lecture notes provided by the school. Biochem is PBL. It seems that there is a large consensus on your suggestion of picking one of paper/digital and sticking with it. The need to have structures etc. means that I'm most likely going to go paper.
I like the idea of having Tickler items for deadlines, plus hard schedules on calendar. How do you schedule your studying, though? Do you enter reading/studying in your GTD system/in OF, or do you just do it in any "spare" time you find? I'm thinking having it in OF might help out, but then again if I want some regularity AND sticking to GTD principles, I'm thinking it might be worth it to hard schedule (calendar) studying blocks during my week, and deal with what I'm studying in those either through a sub-group of OF tasks (I could imagine creating a context: Study Time) or through a separate application. Does that sound reasonable?

As far as the clinical cases go, I've always done exactly the same thing you're doing (index cards). I could see how going electronic could potentially help with infection control (assuming you clean your hands before entering stuff on the iPhone); but paper is just incredibly fast and versatile.

Cheers!