View Single Post
Yes, OG can be used for mindmapping. I'm not sure what your specific question is though.

When I do mindmapping (or outlining for that manner) I want to use a tool that is very quick for inputting and for rearranging. At that point in time I don't overly care about look & feel. If I want something that might be very refined I sometimes bring it into OG.

Currently OG is awkward for bringing in mindmap info. But here's the current process: create mindmap, export to OPML, open on OmniOutliner (this is the silly extra stuff), save as OO format, bring into OG.

In general exporting to OPML, then importing that OPML, should be all that is needed for transfer. (I've put in a request that OG add OPML import). OG is okay for quick input of ideas using the outliner mode, but not great.

My favorite mindmapping app (currently) is MindNode Pro. My next favorite is iThoughtsX. MindNode Pro is only $20. BTW, another great outlining tool is Tree outliner ($15) which via quick input can also serve as a mindmap generator indirectly.

Some of the more heavy duty mindmapping apps (including NovaMind if I remember correctly) are too cutesy, and frankly too slow, for me. MindNode Pro (and companion iPad app), iThoughtsX (and companion iPad app iThoughtsHD), are fantastic, lower cost, and better ways to get into mindmapping

Hope this helps a wee bit.