View Single Post
I'd use PersonalBrain or another mindmapping program to do some longer-term stuff like Goals, Visions, and Roles as the GTD book states it.

Then I'd start looking at my mindmap and then figure out what projects and tasks can be placed into OmniFocus.

An important part of OmniFocus and GTD is using the weekly review perspective to seriously edit out stuff that no longer is important to you. I'd do a "Spring Cleaning" and just viciously go through all those stalled projects and see which ones are really important to me or which projects would actually bring real value to me. What was once a great idea when I first brainstormed about it no longer brings value to me. So I'd delete it from my OmniFocus list. Sure I'd like to climb Mt. Saint Everest or start a comic book collection that reminds me of my childhood but those project don't hold as much value to me as spending time with my kids or renovating the house. It would be nice to do go mountain climbing or build a comic book collection but my priorities (based on my mindmap) steers me in another direction and gives me permission to either put a project on hold or just delete it.

Otherwise you'll just be collected all these projects that you want to do but you'll never get around to it.