View Single Post
One way I've dealt with this is to set up a repeating project with start and due dates and times. Set the project to repeat every 1 day from the assigned date. Now, here's the key to avoid "piling up": when you come back to the office after a day away, rather than immediately checking off the actions as you do them, change the start and due dates of the project to the current day first.

Alternatively, you can mark the project complete enough times to get your next repeating instance on the right day, then delete the intervening projects. That might be the easier approach if you're gone for 1 day. The changed-date approach is probably easier if you're gone for a more extended time.

There have been various discussions of more powerful support for repeating actions and projects. Until that's implemented, these approaches seem to be your best bets.

Outside of OmniFocus, another approach that I use for routine things is to make a checklist in OmniOutliner. That's what I do for daily reviews. Chugging through my daily review checklist is just something that I do habitually, so I don't need to keep the steps of the review in OmniFocus.

Curt