View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by technica View Post
1) I want to remove the very first row at the top, but it's not possible to remove it!
I can double-click it to insert text there, but it's not possible to select (by clicking it once), hence I can't delete it either.
If I click it once the whole column area below it becomes selected
Those would be the column titles, go to View -> Show Column Titles and select Never.

Quote:
2) Likewise the very first column (left side) is impossible to remove. It's empty and just taking up valuable space, which is why I'd rather have it removed.
That is the note column which can not be removed, you can move it to the right if you prefer and hide it off the side of the window but you'll be left with a horizontal scroll bar. When you add a note to a row, a indicator will appear in that column for the row.

Quote:
3) I've chosen to keep the alternating colours (blue/white) of every second row. But instead of starting with white, and having the next row blue, how do I change this so that the first row becomes blue?
Sorry, there is not an option for that, you can only change the color used.

Quote:
4) Is it possible to add some sort of separator lines between some of the rows? I realize I can add empty rows, but that's a bit much. I just need a thick black line or something.
You can turn on grid lines through the Document: Display inspector.

Quote:
5) I've been thinking about further editing the table (adding graphics etc.) in an HTML editor, but if I save to HTML some of the special characters look very different in the web browser compared to the document in OmniOutliner. They're the arrow left/right/up/down characters. What am I doing wrong?
Which characters would those be? You're not referring to part of the UI correct? Is this a font issue?

Quote:
I've also got a problem with the table-width not being saved somehow. Whenever I reopen the document in OmniOutliner the full width of the window is used. I've already asked about this in a separate thread though...
We have a bug logged on this, you should match the window size to the document if the window is wider and you want to preserve the width.

Let me know if you have questions about any of this.