View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kened View Post
why don't you use a spreadsheet application then - such as numbers, or excel? that is what they were designed for.
Excel and Number are just spreadsheets.. Not suitable for idea organization... Ideas are calculations, but calculations are not always ideas...

Even if Omnioutliner does not implement formulas and functions like in Numbers, it would have been very useful to just add this feature of being able to run shell scripts or applescripts and return the results to fields or cells in the document. That way we can use perl or ruby scripts and still get all the complicated calculations working or do some heavy text processing within omnioutliner...

Ability to trigger a shell script when something changes in one of the fields is still a feature request in numbers... Excel for mac has been wavering about VBA since 2002... so this is a feature which now you see well now you dont...

Feature request is :
Field.OnChange >> Trigger script (bash, pl, rb...)
Return result to a field

An example:
If I have then a template to organize a function, when I enter an email address and choose a checkbox, I can have the script send an email to one of the attendees...

Last edited by jdbtst; 2009-12-06 at 06:05 PM..