View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
To expand on a point made in another thread, the perspectives on our data which we are calling "Projects View" and "Contexts View" are really a Planning view vs. an Execution view.
True, but GTD uses projects and contexts as part of the terminology so I suspect that's why Omni used them.

Quote:
This is why the "Projects View" does (and should) include lists which do not contain projects, such as the Inbox, and the currently discussed list(s) of singletons.
Actually, I'd have put 3 icons in the toolbar: Inbox, Projects and Contexts and completely separated the 3 views. YMMV.

Quote:
HOWEVER the slight misconception of the execution view as a "Contexts View" is leading to a gap (which has also been mentioned in another post) - namely, the "Contexts View" lacks (and should certainly have) a list of actions with "Context Unassigned".
Now this I completely disagree with. An item should only appear in your context view when it's actionable. If you haven't decided what resources you need to do it, it isn't actionable: you've not deferred it appropriately so it shouldn't appear on your list of things to do.

Quote:
The basic point is that everything on our radar should be visible in both the planning perspective and the execution perspective.
I also completely disagree with this. IMHO one of the strengths of GTD as a system is that it separates the phases of collection, processing, organising and doing. When you're doing (i.e. working off your next action lists, which in OF are the context view) you should only see the things you've already collected, processed and organised.