View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Any former fastTrack users here? Convert me.

Being an OmniOutliner, OmniWeb, OmniGraffle, and hopefully, an OmniFocus license holder, it makes sense to stay in the OmniGroup family.

Here is what I like better about FastTrack:

1) integration between Mindmanager and FastTrack. Although it involves importing, it is still a good feature. Although I love OGraffle for many things, I find mindmanager a better tool for brainstorming ideas.

2) FastTrack can publish to .mac or web dav server.

3) FastTrack seemed to have better published reports (ma¥be I don't know how to do it well in Oplan.

OmniPlan clearly has the advantage in the GUI and ease of use.

Thanks for any input.
Hi Steve,

I was hoping that a user with a great deal of experience in both applications would jump in, but that never happened. I apologize for keeping you waiting and not responding sooner.

I'm not a former FastTrack user so I wouldn't be the most knowledgeable person to comment on how FastTrack's feature set compares to OmniPlan and why you should switch. The first two points you brought up (MindManager integration/publish to .Mac & Web Dav) are actually feature requests that we're considering for later versions of OmniPlan. I'll add a vote to each request for you to make them more popular in our database.

As for the third point, could you give me some examples of how FastTrack's reports are better, and what type of improvements you would like to see in OmniPlan's reports? If you'd prefer to email your feedback/suggestions, please send your email to omniplan@omnigroup.com and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Thank Steve!

Last edited by skwirl; 2007-05-21 at 01:13 AM..