View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpathomas View Post
I've been using Bento since it came out, but I don't link anything from it in OF because I'm trying to get my sync times down.
I don't use Bento, but I don't think linking items should have much (if any) impact on sync performance. Where problems might come in is in embedding attachments in OF. Adding a link can't be more than a few bytes.

jpathomas, I saw your post about sync performance in another thread. While I don't have an immediate solution for you, I thought I'd offer up my database for a point of comparison:

According to OmniFocus on my iPhone 3GS, I've currently got 369 projects and 2290 actions in 19 zip files. I sync over a cable broadband connection to MobileMe, and then to a recent model MacBook Pro.

Doing a sync right now from my iPhone took ~21 seconds and compacted my number of zip files down to 1.

Doing a sync on my MacBook Pro took ~4.5 seconds and also compacted its local database down to 1 zip file.

Additional syncs from the iPhone now take 2 - 4 seconds. Additional syncs from my MacBook Pro now take 1.5 - 2 seconds.

I have no embedded attachments but many, many links and notes.

Sorry for the digression.

-Dennis