View Single Post
I have read the documentation and help and the forums, but for some reason I can't get some of these concepts down.

Here are my questions.

1. Is there any difference between Repeating and Reoccurring Projects/Tasks

2. I want to create some Repeating Projects that have associated tasks. For example, every Saturday morning at 6 AM I want a Project called "Weekly Computer Tasks" which will have some tasks associated with it, e.g. make weekly backup, run maintenance script, etc. When I do all the tasks I would like this project to be completed and next weeks Project to appear. No - strike that - I want this Project to go away even if all the tasks aren't completed, or at least I want the next Project to be created.

Getting this right would solve lots of problems.

3. What is "best practice" for where to put these? In a Repeating Projects folder? Does it matter.

4. Sometimes I want a Project where I have a series of tasks and I want the next task to become available x number of days after the last one is done. Example: reading a book for work, or working through on-line lessons, etc. So the project is a one-off but the tasks become due dependent on when the last task was completed.

Thanks for any help you might provide.

Bryan