View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
Option-Home goes to your home page in FF3.

Oh, and it's a real home page, not a "start page". You can have new windows open empty AND have a page you can get to when clicking "home". This is a common feature -- except on OW. I requested this ages ago, it was added to the list, and like many ideas suggested here by most of us, there it sits.
Maybe on a desktop but on a Powerbook it is as i said, function+option+home. option+home does not work.

At first i had a problem with the home page/start page thing. Now i have no issue an actually prefer OW's usage to any thing else. I set the start page to be blank, i set up my home page as a favorite at the top of the list so it uses key stroke command+1. I find this much faster and easier than the to handed command+shift+home.

Of the top of my head i think my only major outstanding issue to be acknowledged and provided attention is the url auto complete function. I know some here love to disagree but the current implementation is a major problem for me. I want a setting to change the filtering hierarchy. If i type 'appleins" i expect 'appleinsider.com' to be at the top of the list. The list shows 'forums.appleinsider.com'. If i wanted 'forums.appleinsider.com' ill type,'forums.ap'.