View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
I care about those things. That excuse used to hold water, but FF3 is very mac-like, especially compared to 2.
FF3 is not very Mac-like at all. You can read some of the reasons "Firefox 3’s shortcomings as a Mac app" fall short.
http://daringfireball.net/2008/04/firefox_3_safari_3

Quote:
Also, the Mac experience has also meant being at the vanguard of user experience, and being able to customize this experience. In that respect FF now has the edge over OW.
Huh? This line of reasoning makes no sense.

Customization = Mac so Firefox = better than OW ???

If customizing the user experience meant anything then GNU/Linux is more Mac than Mac.

Quote:
Also, the only things I see in OW at this point I can't get as nice in FF are Workspaces and Site Prefs. And I can work around it.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, either. I love OW. I'd love to see 5.8 finished and the 6.0 cycle start, and to see 6.0 with the kind of features that would make OW worth it again.
I'm not trying to start a flame war either, but it's just wrong to say that Firefox is more Mac-like because of the interface or because of customization.

Firefox does not behave like a native, proper real Mac application. It may look like one, but to the experienced, savvy user it shows. Firefox is a port and will always be a port.

This is getting old.

Last edited by frankiec; 2008-07-26 at 08:47 AM..