View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by policarpo View Post
I think delegation and management of this feature is needed in OF. A lot of times you don't need the massive overhead of OmniPlan to work in a team environment.

Heck, just fix the way read/write issues are managed when trying to use OF in a multiple-user environment. I find it bizarre that this isn't even supported with OmniPlan. Creating a year long project generally requires multiple PM's and Managers from different groups and the fact that you have to work from a single file totally goes against the collaborative nature of normal work.

We need Sharing to work in OmniPlan and in OmniFocus.

GTD works with this workflow. Just check out zenbeLists, Nozbe, Remember The Milk, Toodledo, and ActionMethod to see how GTD scales to a Teamamte based GTD workflow.

It works. ;^)

I would use these services if I didn't have to deal with IP issues and that's why I am wanting Sharing to work natively on the desktop with OF.
Hi policarpo,

I see where you're coming from, but I just don't think it necessarily applies to everyone's workflow... and by that I mean mine ;-)
I should right away specify that I'm pretty rigid in my implementation of GTD [I keep straying, and every time I come back to it I wonder why I didn't stick with it], and one of the things I've come to like about OF is that it supports very well a very specific aspect of the system without trying to do too much.
I have indeed tried some of the online solutions you mention, and they didn't work fabulously for me. I'm currently using other tools to manage remote collaborations, but let me try to summarize why I'd like OF to stay away from it.
I tend to work in multiple environments at the same time, with very different priorities, types of work, etc. I do have a mix of stuff delegated to me, stuff I delegate to others, stuff to do on my own. In other words, it feels like my workflow is constantly shifting and not easy to structure in any meaningful way. In that sense, GTD works beautifully for most of it (I'm sure once I save the money for the private coaching it'll work beautifully for all of it!), because it lets me deal with instantly shifting around priorities and tasks (to say it in non-GTD words). If other people -bosses, colleagues, etc.- were to have any form of access to my system, it'd be screwed. I literally depend on making the decision during my review processes of what goes where and how to assign it.