View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokestack View Post
Thanks for the info, JKT, but that old kluge is simply not acceptable for a shipping final product.
You're making a lot of assumptions here, and also being a little pompous along with it.

This isn't a bug, it's a feature. If I want to increase the width of a button, I don't want it to stretch the copy along with it, I want it to remain wrapped.

What I believe you require is an OPTION to allow this; I would certainly be annoyed (along with most omnigraffle users) if all of a sudden resizing objects warped the text; however an option to enable this at the times required (much less common than my need for the copy to remain intact) would be nice.

Anyway, pasting as PDF (like using smartobjects in PS) isn't really an inconvenience in the vast majority of cases; in fact it has a lot of logic to it; you're essentially 'combining' the text/object together and therefore they will resize proportionally.

If this single feature is what's putting you off using omnigraffle I can only imagine you're using it for the wrong reasons anyway.