View Single Post
This may need a new thread, but for now... can someone explain again the benefits of having projects show up in my No Context bucket?

(Latest 1.8 sneekypeek, 132800)

This is a legit question, not a snarky one. I'm trying to understand this so I can decide if it's something I should be incorporating into my workflow.

I'm asking now because there are about half-a-dozen items in my No Context box (Availability Filter: Next Action or Available), all projects with no actions. I want to take some actions on them, but doing so means switching to Planning mode.

That means I can "fix" one project, but then I need to switch back to Context mode, select the next No Context item, before switching back to Planning mode again.

In some cases, the "fix" is putting an item On Hold (which is done easily enough from the Inspector), but other times it's adding an action, which can't be done except in Planning mode.

Curiously, these items don't show up in my Stalled Project Filter (even though they should by definition be "Stalled": active/no next action/no future start date), while "not stalled" items do.

This means I have no good way of finding these wayward Projects with no actions that I need to review to ensure they're being moved forward.

And, what does the No Context count actually mean? Right now it says "2", but there are as I mentioned at the top, six items in Next Action/Available, or 36 items in Remaining. What does the "2" represent?

OmniFocus is starting to become very confusing (and I say that as a user from some of the earliest betas two-plus years ago!).