View Single Post
I am not going to pretend to know much about OMNIfocus or XML, but what I do know is that mobileme syncing of projects in the iphone app results in a series of XML files corresponding to the projects in your iPhone app.

At the end of the day, XML is XML, right?

theoretically, I know it wouldn't be the most glamorous method, but how hard would it be for a savvy windows programmer to reverse engineer an OMNIfocus XML file and write a program that could read and write based upon the defined fields? of that XML file? You could then use a web-dav file transfer client or build one into the application to the program.

Until this happens or something else changes (like I get rid of this crappy dell and finally get a real computer...a mac) I'll continue to use the app-less nirvanahq.com which right now is the closest thing to meeting my needs.
http://lifehacker.com gave out the beta-tester code: LIFEHACK, if you are interested in trying it.

I would love it if the two were able to work together, they together cover a lot of the same ground but still have critical differences and neither alone at this moment meets my objectively simple GTD needs (simple GTD use i.e. contexts, tags et al. with an ability to be accessible to me everywhere by either cache or sever connectivity.

I am not looking to scam Omni out of any money, but I too agree with the windows camp looking for OF options other than my phone.