View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaac View Post
Well. Even before your answers I went on and bought the Desktop licenses and so far one for the iPhone.

I have to say I am really impressed with the sync times, even for iPhone. I have about 350 tasks and it synced in less than 5 seconds flat. Last night I was a total nerd by trying to explain to my wife how are we going to work with OF software and what a cool company Omni is. She told me we needed to stop for eggs.
Yeah, some people just don't know how to express their excitement, do they? :)
Quote:
I completely understand this. This is not a groupware software and I am forcing it a little bit. The thing is that my priority is to look for simple before "adequate" and I think your software is simple enough for everyone to use.
It's not MY software, I'm not an Omni employee, just another user. I do like the software, and do what I can to help people use it successfully.
Quote:
So, having this in mind, I would like to make a request: private items. If in my organization people know their duties and what folders should they modify and what folders not to, then I'll have no data loss problems when syncing, as you said. That is up to us and not up to Omni.

The thing is some users may want to enter data that does not sync with others. Maybe personal errands that do not involve a group. If every user could locally have a way to restrict syncing some folders or if a "private" folder would be in every user, then that would be solved.

One step after that is creating an administrator and user logins and I think you might not be going on that direction (yet).

The bottom line is I really like how this OF software works versus others that I tested (Things 1.0 and Daylite 3.7) and I will be an Omni client for long. I will also participate to try to make it better.
For best results, you need to send your suggestions directly to Omni with either Help->Send Feedback (inside OmniFocus) or email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com. That way, your suggestions get entered in their development database and considered for future versions. The number of "votes" an idea has is taken into account when planning where to apply their development resources. Forum discussion is good, and it helps others to realize that maybe they should send in feedback as well, but the forum is read by Omni employees on an as available basis, and the only way to be sure that your request is considered is to do as suggested above.

And to answer your question from another post: OP = Original Poster, you in this case.