View Single Post
Can I make another suggestion for the mobile devices?

Could the sync icon change to a different color when there are uncommitted changes made on the device? Say green when all synced, the spinner when syncing, red when there are uncommitted changes, and the bang when there has been a failed sync? That way, I could get into the habit of seeing that the sync icon has turned red for example, telling me that I have changed something on that device since the last successful sync, thus prompting me to press it prior to exiting or backgrounding the application. This would minimize the time I spend cleaning up after cloned tasks.

Currently I am trying to force myself to wait for a full sync prior to making any changes other than a quick entry on the phone or ipad. This is annoying, as my database is large enough that it can take upwards of 1 1/2 minutes to do a full sync, show the updating progress bar, then dump me back to the UI. Also, this will not fix the likely scenario that I make a change on the phone or ipad then flip back to the mail, calendar, or other app, and then never go back to omnifocus to make sure it synced prior to hopping to another device later.