View Single Post
A developer shop of exactly one person (two now) managed to get real doc syncing working long before Omni - I use TaskPaper since I gave up one waiting for the solution for Omni. So, its possible to use DB to do this.

As for the "business" argument to not include DB, there isn't one. You can add the ability to use it along with your own Sync server in parallel. This is purely a theoretical debate about open, closed, proprietary, etc. If you had built DB syncing in, and DB shut down, you could remove the code with a simple update and those users could switch to your solution.

Its fine, you bet on the wrong horse (iCloud), Steve should have bought DB, etc. -- we get it. Lets stop pretending its anything else (a business decision) and get the Omni Server running as soon as possible for these docs so I can start using the outliner I prefer!

Mentioning Cultured Code as a model of developers doing things correctly is just not going to help here - that place is a mess. I use Things all the time, and there are still common features that don't work (ever tried the "undo" command? What happens? Nothing!).

Anything to accelerate this process (more resources, etc.) would be appreciated Ken.