View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
As far as I can tell, OmniPresence is DIFFERENT from OmniSync Server.
OmniPresence is the technology that does the syncing, it isn't a server. Omni Sync Server is a WebDAV server we are providing for your use, it doesn't do any syncing itself. You can set up your own WebDAV server and use OmniPresence with that, or any other compatible WebDAV server.

Quote:
OmniFocus has synced perfectly for years. I thought the new product would bring syncing to OmniOutliner and other programs.

Why are there TWO new products? OmniPresence, OmniSync Server...what is the difference?
OmniPresence and Omni Sync Server are not comparable things. OmniFocus does not sync because of Omni Sync Server, it can also be used with the same other WebDAV servers OmniPresence works with. The syncing used with OmniFocus was not built for use with document based apps so that is why OmniPresence was built.

Quote:
I just love the fact that when you go to the website, click on Support, OmniPresence, Overview, there's pretty much nothing there but a big button that says "Download Version 1.0." What kind of an overview is that?
Thanks for pointing that out, we need to change that link. The full OmniPresence page is here.

If you are still unclear about any of this, please let us know!