View Single Post
>that is a very popular feature request

This is ridiculous. The user community has been fighting for this FOR YEARS.

OK, as of yesterday, the gauntlet has been thrown down: Things, long maligned for its lack of cloud sync, released a beta with cloud sync that is the fastest, most robust sync I have EVER seen. I mean, INSTANT. OK, on 3G it takes 1-2 seconds. Big deal. On wi-fi, INSTANT.

OmniGroup, what is going on? You're had TWO YEARS to get us weekday only scheduling. Things has had the same amount of time to get cloud sync.

News Flash: Things has won THIS battle. And frankly, I think's it's freaking appalling. Cloud sync—ANY kind of sync—is REALLY hard.

OmniGroup is a large company, and you guys mastered sync and improved it over and over again (quite nicely, thank you), over the last few years.

Now Things, little To-Do kid on the block, finally gets their sync to cloud beta, and it is MAGNIFICENT.

So please please please tell me WHY Things, the tiny company that could, has had WEEKDAY REPEATING almost from the beginning, and GIGANTIC OmniGroup still can't pull off this SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE piece of coding.

Sorry, but I don't buy the "Oh, gee, we have to make sure it integrates with iCal first." Give me a break.

OG, I buy all your products and absolutely love them, but the story of how and why and when this feature will EVER be implemented is a tragedy deserved of a Dickens novel.

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Let's get both companies in the boxing ring. Things will show up properly every weekday, as scheduled. OmniFocus will show up haphazardly, if at all, due to scheduling confusion. If the bout had been held a month ago, OG would have a TKO on things every time they DID show up, based on having sync. As of yesterday, it would be a 50/50 odds fight. And on the days that OG didn't show up, due to scheduling problems, OG would forfeit that day and Things would win by default.

Things is gaining on you.

Last edited by santra; 2012-02-15 at 12:41 AM..