View Single Post
Omni has had their hands full with not only OmniFocus but OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and OmniPlan for Mac OS. They also doubled their workload developing iOS versions of these same programs. OmniFocus had to wait its turn in the product upgrade list. Most of their resources were focused on OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and OmniPlan for iOS lately. Then there were some resources dedicated toward bug fixes for the iOS and Mac OS version.

Cultured Code only has Things to work on and it took all their resources to get syncing up and running after what appears to be at least a year if not more.

Omni has been busy churning away at the hamster wheel getting great products out. Now that OmniPlan for iPad has been released, it sounds logical that they'll turn their eyes towards OmniOutliner 4 and OmniFocus 2. IIRC a lot of work in OmniOutliner 4 will benefit OmniFocus 2. So deductive reasoning suggests that these will be the next two major projects to focus on.

Meanwhile it sounds like the internal workings of OmniPlan suggests possible integration between OmniPlan and OmniFocus. Don't know if that's true or not but it sounds like Omni has to figure out a way to get these two programs to play nicely together.

Yes, we'd all want these features ***YESTERDAY*** but programming is not as easy as it sounds. This "simple" piece of coding is but a small gear in the overall scheme of things. It's in the feature request database. You can probably e-mail them to bump it up higher in the request list.

How's this for a news flash? Cultured Code hasn't won anything. I'm glad that
Things is coming along nicely. It provides great competition and we will definitely see these GTD programs leapfrog each other as time goes on. Each program fits different workflows for different people.

I do like some of the UI workflows in Things. But OmniFocus' power still keeps me coming back

At the end of the day, all I really care about is getting my things done. If I do it with Things then so be it. But I still prefer OmniFocus.

Last edited by wilsonng; 2012-02-16 at 03:31 AM..