View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Next action in a parallel project allows you to prioritize tasks based on what you would like to work on next in a project, even though there are no dependencies to force you to complete the top task (next action) in the list first.
I would *really* like to have a perspective, with a particular group of projects and SALs that I've focused on, and that shows next actions. To help me focus, and pick off actions that are either truly next (when sequential), or that I've just decided are best to work on. As you've pointed out, one can 'set' (by order listed) a next action in a parallel project. Perfect. But I want to be able to do the same for SALs, using the same philosophy. The only way I can do this is to change a SAL into a project, which I don't want to do.

I seem to recall reasoning from the OmniGroup for having all available SAL actions shown, with a 'next action' filtered applied. It may be useful at times for that to be so, but perhaps a preference to allow the top (list-wise) available action in a SAL (only) to show up with a 'next action' filtered applied. Heck, maybe even a preference to have OF randomly pick what would show up as one's next action, all else being equal. My thinking behind the latter, is that sometimes I'll do a search, and the darndest SAL item shows up that I had forgotten about (I have long lists, mind you). (I've submitted these ideas as OF feedback recently.)

Bob