View Single Post
I don't think I have said in this thread anywhere that OmniGroup shouldn't add normal tabs (and for those people still using 1024x768 resolutions I do see the desire for it).

I'll say it once more so that it is clear. My 2nd and 3rd posts to this thread were in response to the BS comment that the vertical thumbnail tabs are an inferior interface that shouldn't have been developed when they quite patently are not (and in very many respects are a much superior interface). It is the equivalent of having someone tell me I shouldn't use a Mac because Windows is better.

FWIW, if your wife is using FF, then she might like to get the Tab Mix Plus and Tab Catalog (sic) add-ons. The latter is an OK-ish alternative to having always visible thumbnails (I think it mimics the IE7 method of displaying all tabs, but I haven't used IE7 to know for sure). If it ever gets updated, the OmniWeb style tab sidebar was from an Add-on called Tab Sidebar, but it is incompatible with FF2 (and it is also inferior to the OmniWeb tabs as it doesn't render them in as high a quality as OmniWeb making them less easy to distinguish).