View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleanty View Post
I had the same issue with assigning the clipping shortcut. Unchecking "Omnifocus: send to inbox" in System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Services and then trying again in the OmniFocus clipping preferences worked fine for me. Thanks qtus!
Having just needed to help someone new to OmniFocus with this exact problem, it looks like the solution is actually a bit simpler. Once you're at the Prefs > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Services and see the Omnifocus: Send to Inbox option with no shortcut, you can just double click into that line and assign the shortcut there. No unchecking, rechecking, quitting OF, etc needed.

I double checked that this worked by immediately going back to OF on his computer, and the shortcut then appeared in the Clippings pane of the OF window as well, and a quick test showed it to be functioning properly.

May I suggest that this question and the solution be cleaned up a bit and added as a sticky to this forum? Looks like the issue comes up on a regular basis (I had to deal with it on my laptop a few months ago, and now again with my friend who I turned onto OF), but it wasn't that easy to dig through the threads to find the applicable solution...

Now, if only OF could get smart enough to actually *do* the tasks I have entered in there so I could go do more fun things than work... :-)