View Single Post
I would like to jump up on the wagon, since I have some similar issues as the thread starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJJWMac View Post
Many excellent (longer term) plans are destroyed in the pursuit of perfection (in the immediate time frame).
Totally agree with this post. It perfectly reflects my usage with GTD. I wanted to start with the GTD system almost one year ago (purchases the book, OF etc.) and I am still in the phase of making gtd / OF perfect in theory... So maybe THIS is the key. Start using OF and see what happens in future, since a system you work with will constantly evolve and change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
OF/GTD will help you decide what to do with the time that isn't spoken for in advance on your calendar.
THIS. Apart from the problem to make the system perfect in theory I tend to over-structure. I remember a hint of McSparky when he said in one of his screencasts: Dont get crazy with Folders and over-structuring.
To nail it down: OF and GTD is more an index system of (possible and current urgent) projects that are in your life? For example when I want to plan a project X, I assume, it is stupid to make a project planning with OF? Step by step and project efforts shall be organized with something like OmniPlan? With this in mind I guess it is more intelligent to use OF as an overview what you need to do when i.e. a milestone of a project X is accomplished? Like, as I said, use OF as a (more or less) rough signpost where to go?

Any tipps are highly appreciated :)