View Single Post
Quote:
If Apple does deprecate Scripting Additions it is highly improbable they would do so during any 10.7.x release. Mid-release deprecation is extremely rare.
It seems like a distant time and place, but we need to always be planning for the future and setting ourselves up for success earlier rather than later.

I always encourage folks to base their decisions on current shipping products not promises of future features or fixes.

If 1Password and/or OmniWeb meet your needs today, by all means keep using them. If not, perhaps they will someday, at which point you can revisit the decision. I just can't offer a time frame for anything specific, and I feel it would actually be a disservice to "string you along" with the promise of any feature without actually delivering it. I have not been using OmniWeb lately because 1Password is too important to me. (Some reasons for this may be obvious.) :-) But if that support is once again available in the future — whether through an OmniWeb extension API, changes Apple makes, some hard work and determination from AgileBits, or a combination thereof — I'll definitely be giving OmniWeb a closer look.

For now, I use what is available and suits my workflow, but I still miss OmniWeb.

--
Khad Young
Forum Choreographer, AgileBits
http://forum.agilebits.com/