View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We also plan to add Forecast view to the Mac app and add other features as needed to help folks be productive.

The calendar sync feature will eventually be removed, though, and we don't expect to replace it in a form that looks like it currently exists. It's used by a very small number of people, but it's among the top features that generate confusion among customers. (Measured in terms of the number of emails that get sent in about it.)
Well Brian, this is really discouraging news.

OmniFocus has been in my top 4 most used apps for a long long time (together with iCal, Mail and Skype), and it's a wonderful piece of software. However, syncing with iCal is and will always be crucial for me, and my folks. When iCal moved to MobileMe based calendars, I posted on Ken's thread and followed your suggestion on keeping a local calendar to keep on syncing to. This solution is by far not as time efficient and productive as the previous one, and I only coped with it in the hope that OmniFocus will eventually work out a better solution.

Now iCloud comes along and I haven't made the transition from MobileMe only because of OmniFocus, just to learn that Omni will not integrate with it.

If Omni's goal is indeed making software to improve its customers productiveness, and given it makes software only for Apple users, moving away from the path of total integration with Apple's OS, software and services doesn't seems to me like a winner strategy. Then again, I don't run your company.

I do run my companies though, and they're all set up with Apple hardware and software. So if the syncing issue between OmniFocus and Apple will only get worse, I'm afraid I'll unwillingly have to look for an alternative solution for project and task-management.

I sincerely hope you at Omni give a second thoght on this matter, because I am indeed an Omnifan and would like to keep being it.

Best regards,
Gianpiero