View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiglebox View Post
This is probably pretty simple, but I can't figure out how to do it --

You know how at the top of the Context Mode sidebar the first item is NO CONTEXT? Clicking that instantly lets you see any action you have not yet assigned a context to.

I want the same functionality for due dates: a simple click (a perspective?) that will instantly let me see (in the Project Mode) any action I have not yet assigned a due date to.

Anybody know how to do this? Thanks in advance!
It's easy in Context mode; turn on the view bar, group by Due date, look in the group that is labeled "no due date".

To do it in Project mode, follow the same procedure. Then, select the whole group (click on the first one, go to the bottom and shift-click on the last one) and use the Switch button in the toolbar or cmd-option-R to flip over to the other mode. You can now see all of the items lacking a due date, highlighted in their projects. Unfortunately, to change any of them, you'll have to destroy the selection and possibly repeat the process.

Do you really want to put a due date on every single action? Besides being a lot of work, many of us find that it adds undue stress to have due dates on items that don't require them (in other words, there will be no repercussions if the due date isn't met). I don't find it to be a very satisfactory way of marking what I ought to work on in the near future (except, of course, for those things that actually are due soon), and prefer to use the flags on either individual items or entire projects (flagging the project makes all the included actions act as if flagged, without the need to individually flag them). Similarly, putting a due date on a project will force all of the individual actions in the project to have a due date of the project's due date, if they don't have one explicitly assigned.