View Single Post
I'm actually surprised this isn't obvious enough in the fact that both are project management programs, developed at the same company. For me, OmniFocus is for doing quick entry and min-dump management of projects, tasks, and due date information. So for me, OmniFocus for the Big Picture.

OmniPlan is where I'd then like to assign resources, tack costs, see everything in a Gantt Chart and get into the nitty-gritty of a big project.

I think just focusing on how both use due date, and categories; it should be just determining the key values that people would need to display from each program that matters in the other.

The key values I care about are taking from OmniFocus are the Projects, the project due dates, their tasks, their due dates, the duration information, completed date, and whether it completed, and then from there I could sync that information from either program into either project file. Also looking at ignoring (not removing or not importing, just ignoring) items like Context and a few other items that don't need to be shown in OmniFocus, and vice-versa.

I've found you can manually work on this using Export to CVS and importing between the two programs.

If I could then export back a file that contained the